Iznik Ultra Marathon 160KIznik Ultra Marathon is a trail race for individuals. Starts and finishes in 3000 year old Iznik. Route circumnavigates Lake Iznik, Turkey's 5th largest lake, counterclockwise. Mostly fast tracks with technical trail sections. Nature, local culture and history is along the route.
Due to semi autonomy concept, trailer carry obligatory equipment and supplies and have limited number of aid stations with defined supplies on course.
Course length approximately 166,2k, total altitude gain and total descend 493m +/-
It starts at 18:00 on 17 April Friday in Iznik. After the loop course finishes under same start arch.Time limit for the course: 33 hours. (It ends on 19 April at 03:00 a.m.)
You can reach the course of the 2020 edition here.
Iznik Ultra 160K course is accredited ITRA 6 points Mountain level 3, Finisher level 440 by ITRA. Recognized by Columbia ® Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc®.Click here to see more details.
Checkpoint Timetable - 160K
|No||Name||Stage Km||Tot. Km||Stage D+m||Tot D+m||Stage D-m||Tot D-m||Max Time||Cut Off Time||Type|
*mini and ikmal explained at section “Nutrition on Course and at Checkpoints”
Nutrition on Course and CheckpointsThere are fountains alongside the road as the course follow village roads. Coming abroad, you should use on your own risk.
• Drinking Water will be available almost at all of the checkpoints.
• 3 levels of refreshment points will be available:
- Su: There will be water and may be coke too.
- Mini: Water, coke, tea, coffee, chocolate, biscuits, crackers, some fruit (banana, mandarin slices, etc.), and soup at some of the locations.
- Ikmal: All the supplies that mini offers plus support crew can assist their runner.
• Each participant will use his/her own cup for drinks.
• Participants may put food to their dropbag given at registry to be carried to Sölöz 92K by organization.
After 19:00 every competitor must wear Hi-vis vest or belt and have their lights on before passing Derbent Control Point or they may be disqualified.